GMA provides a range of high-performance garnet blasting abrasives to the Naval Shipbuilding and Military Transport & Equipment industries.Speak to an expert
GMA provides a range of high-performance garnet blasting abrasives to the Naval Shipbuilding and Military Transport & Equipment industries.
GMA works with Naval and Military Corrosion Engineering teams to meet stringent Military Specifications and Standards. GMA Garnet™ is SSPC AB1, MilSpec and ISO Standards Approved. SSPC AB1 (including Appendix B), MIL-22262-B (QPL), ISO-11126-10 approved.
- World class 12 point QA/QC process with samples taken every two hours to ensure GMA’s processed garnet are of the highest standards.
- Very low dust emissions, improving visibility and productivity particularly in confined spaces
- High blasting and cleaning efficiency, leading to lower abrasive consumption, and lower clean-up and disposal costs than waste slags
- Creating the required surface profile with consistent peak density for stronger coating adhesion
- Exceptional surface cleanliness with minimal abrasive embedment for better corrosion resistance and substrate integrity
- GMA Garnet™ is an inert, sustainable natural mineral with little to no recordable heavy metals and worker hazard risks.
- Waste management and garnet recycling: With the right equipment GMA Garnet™ can provide a high level of reusability through recycling onsite
How much is your blasting abrasive really costing you?Find Out Now
Do more with GMA in less time. Reduce your costs with lower consumption, higher production rates, and shorter project times.
Better Surface Quality
GMA Garnet cleans deep into the troughs that typical slag abrasives cannot. Get your required surface profile, and greater peak density with GMA's blends.
Reduced Abrasive Consumption
GMA Garnet lowers abrasive consumption by 30-50% compared to traditional slag abrasives.
Low Dust Blasting
GMA Garnet produces significantly lower dust emissions and improves operator visibility on site.
Cost-effective Blast Cleaning
Reduce overall project costs with higher productivity and lower abrasive disposal costs.
Safer Abrasive Blasting
GMA Garnet" abrasives meet the safety requirements of OSHA and other global regulatory bodies.
Speak to your regional expert today
With GMA Garnet™, a clean surface is just the beginning. Let’s talk about how GMA can produce the range of surface profiles that your protective coatings require — safely, efficiently and without disrupting your facility.