Approved by leading paint and coating manufacturers around the world, GMA is meeting the challenge of the wind power industry by offering high-performance abrasives for onshore and offshore wind turbine installations and maintenance, including towers and foundations, turbine components, blades and other equipment.
Benefits to wind turbine installation and maintenance
- GMA Garnet™ is particularly suited to be used where a requirement of high profiles and SP-10 cleaning standards exist for coating applications in extreme environments. GMA ExtremeBlast™ and GMA ToughBlast™ are engineered to achieve these requirements.
- Abrasive recovery during wind turbine maintenance may not be an option. GMA Garnet™ is an inert, natural mineral, with little to no heavy metals, reducing the risk of environmental contamination as well as worker risks and hazards. Compared to waste slag abrasives it is a viable abrasive solution
- Very low dust emissions, improving visibility and productivity
- Waste management and garnet recycling: Where abrasive recovery is possible and with the right equipment, GMA Garnet™ can provide a high level of abrasive reusability through recycling onsite
- High blasting and cleaning efficiency, leading to lower abrasive consumption, and lower clean-up and disposal costs
- Exceptional surface cleanliness with minimal abrasive embedment for better corrosion resistance and substrate integrity
Speak to your regional expert today
With GMA Garnet™, a clean surface is just the beginning. Let’s talk about how GMA can produce the range of surface profiles that your protective coatings require — safely, efficiently and without disrupting your facility.