GMA provides a range of high-performance garnet blasting abrasives to the Naval Shipbuilding and Military Transport & Equipment industries.
GMA works with Naval and Military Corrosion Engineering teams to meet stringent Military Specifications and Standards. GMA Garnet™ is SSPC AB1, MilSpec and ISO Standards Approved. SSPC AB1 (including Appendix B), MIL-22262-B (QPL), ISO-11126-10 approved.
- World class 12 point QA/QC process with samples taken every two hours to ensure GMA’s processed garnet are of the highest standards.
- Very low dust emissions, improving visibility and productivity particularly in confined spaces
- High blasting and cleaning efficiency, leading to lower abrasive consumption, and lower clean-up and disposal costs than waste slags
- Creating the required surface profile with consistent peak density for stronger coating adhesion
- Exceptional surface cleanliness with minimal abrasive embedment for better corrosion resistance and substrate integrity
- GMA Garnet™ is an inert, sustainable natural mineral with little to no recordable heavy metals and worker hazard risks.
- Waste management and garnet recycling: With the right equipment GMA Garnet™ can provide a high level of reusability through recycling onsite
Speak to your regional expert today
With GMA Garnet™, a clean surface is just the beginning. Let’s talk about how GMA can produce the range of surface profiles that your protective coatings require — safely, efficiently and without disrupting your facility.