GMA exists to serve our customers and support our employees. Indeed, GMA’s position today was built through the hard work and dedication of our employees. Our commitment to the well-being of our employees, to their safety at work, and to their career development, is reflected in the number of long-serving team members – many of whom have been with us for more than 20 years.
Career opportunities at our mining operations in Alder, Montana:
Mineral Process Engineer / Metallurgist
Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply professional engineering/technical skills to optimize existing plant equipment and processes with a focus on recovery of Valuable Heavy Minerals.
- Oversee and conduct test work aimed at plant process improvements.
- Assist the Process Manager with plant planning and performance reporting as well as project proposals and implementation.
- Assist the Process Manager with plant planning and performance reporting.
- Provide support for the laboratory processes and assist in maintaining product quality. Report any quality issues to the Process Manager immediately.
- Comply with all GMA Mining USA’s safety, health and environmental policies and procedures plus any other Garnet USA issued policies or notices. Ensure the same of other persons under your control, including contractors.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- This position requires a Bachelor of Science in Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Extractive Metallurgy or related field.
- Exposure to mineral sand processing operations highly recommended.
- Excellent writtenn and verbal communication skills.
- Self motivated and able to work iindependently.
- Strong organizational, analysis, and problem-solving skills, with an ability to multitask.
- Responsible attitude and approach towards safety and environmental management.
- Ability to develop and draft procedures, plans, and internal control systems.
- Ablity to conduct independent research.
- Strong general and specialized computer skills, including database applications, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office suite, as well as report development.