GMA exists to serve our customers and support our employees. Indeed, GMA’s position today was built through the hard work and dedication of our employees. Our commitment to the well-being of our employees, to their safety at work, and to their career development, is reflected in the number of long-serving team members – many of whom have been with us for more than 20 years.
Career opportunities at our mining operations in Alder, Montana:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Commitment to safety, along with adherence to GMA’s Life Saving Rules andGMA’s policies and procedures
- Commitment to GMA’s core values of Care, Trust, Teamwork and Excellence
- Comply with GMA Mining USA and government safety, health and environmental rules, conditions and licenses
- Comply with GMA Mining USA-issued policies and procedures
- Ensure that all site employees, contractors and visitors comply with GMA Mining USA site rules and policies
- Assist with continuous improvements in drilling and blasting designs with assurance of compliance to mining regulations and site standards
- Provide high level of accurate surveying to the mining and processing operations
- Research and advise geotechnical concerns and issues
- Assist with the preparation of geologic and mine modeling
- Participate in geological surveys, assessments and assay programs
- Practice and encourage good employee/management communication and morale
- Present a positive and professional image for GMA Mining USA
- Other duties as deemed necessary by Management
- Contribute actively to toolbox meetings
- Assist with the preparation of end-of-month reports
- Take responsibility for your own health and safety as well as that of all your co-workers.
- Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering or related field (preferred)
- Mine Engineer: 3-5 years’ experience preferred but not required
- Detailed knowledge and experience with GMA Mining USA’s mining and processing operations, or similar operations
- People management skills that encourage good communication, morale and productivity
- Responsible attitude towards health, safety and environmental management
- Microsoft Office skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Mineral Process Engineer / Metallurgist
Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply professional engineering/technical skills to optimize existing plant equipment and processes with a focus on recovery of Valuable Heavy Minerals.
- Oversee and conduct test work aimed at plant process improvements.
- Assist the Process Manager with plant planning and performance reporting as well as project proposals and implementation.
- Assist the Process Manager with plant planning and performance reporting.
- Provide support for the laboratory processes and assist in maintaining product quality. Report any quality issues to the Process Manager immediately.
- Comply with all GMA Mining USA’s safety, health and environmental policies and procedures plus any other Garnet USA issued policies or notices. Ensure the same of other persons under your control, including contractors.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- This position requires a Bachelor of Science in Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Extractive Metallurgy or related field.
- Exposure to mineral sand processing operations highly recommended.
- Excellent writtenn and verbal communication skills.
- Self motivated and able to work iindependently.
- Strong organizational, analysis, and problem-solving skills, with an ability to multitask.
- Responsible attitude and approach towards safety and environmental management.
- Ability to develop and draft procedures, plans, and internal control systems.
- Ablity to conduct independent research.
- Strong general and specialized computer skills, including database applications, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office suite, as well as report development.