Waterjet cutting machines require consistent and precise delivery of garnet feeding into the waterjet cutting head. A garnet abrasive regulator not only allows you to achieve a smooth cutting edge quality on your workpiece but also improves the machine's efficiency, and helps reduce overall garnet consumption.
Installing a garnet abrasive regulator, also known as an abrasive mini hopper, allows a steady flow of garnet through the waterjet nozzle where it mixes with water. Flow rates are typically about 25-30kgs/hour, and there is a variety of different regulators to suit different types of waterjet equipment.
To increase your waterjet equipment's efficiency, it is important to have the flexibility to make easy adjustments to the garnet feed rate via a metering device or dial. The metering dial not only controls how much garnet your equipment consumes, it improves consistency of garnet flow and reduces the likelihood of blockages caused by surges and fluctuations in the garnet feed.
Advantages of having an Abrasive Regulator:
- Provides the capability to alter garnet feed rates and adjust how much garnet the equipment consumes with the regulator's dial gauge.
- Flexibility to change the garnet flow settings depending on the type of material being cut and its thickness.
- Maximises the flow of garnet into the nozzle.
- Easy to assess and change the garnet abrasives poured into the regulator.
- Ensures accurate and consistent flow to achieve smooth cutting edge of your work piece.
- Allows you to monitor the garnet quantity level easily.